December 10, 2012

The Period of Extraterrestrial (2012)

In the beginning of 2012 i realize that all this time the figure of alien was always appear on some of my work,  i remember mid-2011 i plan to make an alien costume for "sehari boleh gila" day at PPS ISI Yogyakarta, but ultimately failed because I was too idealistic, I tried to sew it by my own and it doesn't fit me so i wear santa claus costume, and i remember that on the period of cultural confusion i create one painting that describe a metamorphosis of Javanese woman into modern woman into alien, to be honest i don't like the visual result but i like the way i explain myself through this figure. And i remember one night on 1985 on petukangan, Jakarta Selatan when i was a child me and my sister saw something amazing in front of our yard, we saw two small robots with colorful blinking lights outside of our window and we still remember it untill now. Some people say that we were dreaming, we were imagining too much, but what we see is what we believe. Well i don't want to force people with what we believe, what i know since that time the figure of alien and ufo became important to us and it inspire me in many of my work. not in the context alien as an alien but it more personal. i choose alien as my cultural identity conflict as an urban people. i don't know why i feel free to express myself with this figure, i feel it so me and i don't care anymore if people thinks i'm crazy or delusional, the most important thing is that i become more honest with my work. i become more playful, i just want people to enjoy my work with any interpretation they can think of. So here i am standing on my extraordinary territory, extraterrestrial. that's all for now.. to be continued..



Title: Lost in Jakartunus, Medium : Acrylic & Beads Collage on Canvas, Size: 150x100cm, 2012

Title: Te Las Dahar, Medium : Acrylic & Beads Collage on Canvas, Size: 100x150cm, 2012


Title: Lost Alienated Bride, Medium : Acrylic & Beads Collage on Canvas, Size: 90x35cm, 2012


Title: Hibernation, Medium : Acrylic, Beads Collage & LED Lights on Canvas, Size:140x140cm, 2012


Title: Levitation Tree, Medium : Acrylic & Beads Collage on Canvas, Size: 140x140x140cm, 2012


Title: Lost Alienated Groom, Medium : Acrylic & Beads Collage on Canvas, Size: 90x35cm, 2012


Title:Sceptical-Galactical, Medium : Acrylic, Beads Collage & LED Lights on Canvas, Size: 140x140cm, 2012


Title: Specimen Genus Java, Medium : Acrylic & Beads Collage on Canvas, Size:70x60cm, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment